Re: pmud / harddisk / kernel problem

Hi,

That's a well known problem for which you can find a solution in the
archives:
sleep is not supported on Core99 machines. Well, was not.

You can find experimental (although it worked very fine for me) support
in BenH's latest tree (check penguinppc.org for instructions on getting
the kernel).

AFAIK, sleep works on Pismo (BenH and tigert reported success) and iMac
(I tested that). G4s and Cube sleep doesn't work. You will need to make
some changes to your pmud pwrctl file, so it might take some work.

Good Luck

PS: You can find hacked pwrctl files for iMac and iBook on my website at
http://hadess.net/files/ppc/
PPS: Thanks a whole lot BenH, you fixed one of the biggest problem on
Linux for PPC laptop users.

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net