Re: Kernel Driver for Apple Cobalt Modem

Hi,

Bastien Nocera writes:

> > Does anybody know which kernel compilation option(s) needed to support
> > Apple Cobalt Modem (Internal modem in iBooks and PowerBooks)?
>
> Just like with every (non-win)modem, serial driver. Dunno if you need
> the "mac-serial" (under the Mac devices) or the generic serial one, as I
> don't use it anymore.

You need to have CONFIG_MAC_SERIAL=y and CONFIG_SERIAL=n in your
kernel config.  On my Pismo, this results in

  PowerMac Z8530 serial driver version 2.0
  tty00 at 0xc98c9020 (irq = 22) is a Z8530 ESCC (cobalt modem)
  tty01 at 0xc98d0000 (irq = 23) is a Z8530 ESCC (IrDA)

in dmesg output.  The modem is then accessible via /dev/ttyS0, while
the IrDA port is at /dev/ttyS1.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!