Re: debian2.2r2 on powerbook G4

On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 11:07:31AM +0100, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> Alan DuBoff wrote:
>
> Paulus' 2.4 tree has the airport driver (and Iain Sandoe's new dmasound
> driver). That's 'nuff said for me. :) Beware that it's more experimental and
> thus arguably less stable than the bk 2.4 tree. The biggest problem I've had
> is ldconfig sporadically dying with an illegal instruction, but that seems to
> be fixed now.

Is it fixed? I found that this was the biggest problem I had on my
iMac. Because this does not cause just ldconfig to fail, but MANY
programs, randomly to fail on running. The most common case was in
running subprograms out of emacs (latex, xdvi, ispell). It happened so
often that I could not continue running Paulus's 2.4 kernel. And this
was as recent as a week ago. This seems like a serious problem, and
I'm surprised no one has mentioned it before.

--

Adam