Re: airport driver

On Sun, Mar 04, 2001 at 04:33:25PM -0800, Alan DuBoff wrote:
> I have woody installed on a PowerBook (most recent G3 before new titaniam G4,
> the 2000 model, the Firewire model, Pismo, etc...call it what you like), which
> has an airport card in it that I would really like to use.
>
> I'm using a 2.2.18 kernel, and it is linked into /usr/src/linux.
>
> I grabbed the airport driver from www.penguinppc.org/~benh but can't get it to
> compile.
>
> Do I need to incorporate that directory into my kernel tree and be in:
>
> /usr/src/linux/modules/pcmcia-cs/wireless
>
> Or what is the magic trick to get the airport to compile?
>
> I've got most things worked out and the PowerBook rocks, and the last few
> things I'll resort to this list for help. HELP!!!!!<g>

hmm well I had problems getting my airport driver from ben's site to
compile when I got my airport card for my same model pismo, however I was
using it with 2.4.*, anyway I posted a quick hack of a patch to linuxppc-dev
list that would allow trhe thing to compile and be used, so I have been
using that hapily since. You may want to have a look back in that mailing
list's archive and use the patch or not, the two changes were pretty
obvious.

The change from using dev->name = s; to strncpy (dev->name, s, strlen (whatever))
is a 2.4 ism, the other thing was just something stopping it from building,
anyway good luck.

	See You
	    Steve

--