Re: Q: double Boot for SMP 7300

> I have a 7300 that I have upgraded to a 2x604/200MHz SMP computer.
>
> Now I´m looking for a solution to my boot-problems.
>
> I have a little partition with this faked system-folder and I have BootX.
> If I boot into MacOS and then start BootX to run linux, the second cpu
> won´t run and I run a single cpu computer :-(
> If I set the startup disk to the faked system-folder (AFAIK miBoot) both
> cpus are running, but it is very difficult for me to get back to MacOS.
> Zapping P-RAM isn´t always possible and did not help either. Sometimes I
> unplug the batterie and reset the mainboard to get back to MacOS.

Use nvsetenv:

[mlan@piglet ~]$ rpm -qf `which nvsetenv`
pmac-utils-1.1.1-1b

-- on my LinuxPPC box.

nvsetenv boot-device  "/AAPL,ROM"

and on next reboot you go into MacOS. From MacOS, use your existing
tools (if any) or bootvars to reset boot-device and boot-file back to
what you need for Linux.

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |