Re: netscape ??

Michel Dänzer wrote:

> Eric Deveaud wrote:
>
> > i'm just finishing to install the powerbook (pismo) of my boss.
> >
> > she want's to be abble to use netscape.
> >
> > when I apt-get install netscape (or communicator or wathever)
> > I get the following error
> > Sorry the following packages have unmet dependencies:
> >   netscape: Depends: communicator but it is not going to be installed or
> >                      navigator but it is not going to be installed
> > E: Sorry, broken packages
> >
> > but when loocking at the 2 mirror I use (either
> > ftp.fr.debian.org or ftp.pasteur.fr )
> >
> > I see on the non-free/binary-powerpc/web/
> > the netscape 4.6 and 4.7 packages. communicator packages are also here.
> >
> >         how could I install netscape.
>
> apt-cache search communicator-smotif
>
> will probably yield communicator-smotif-46 for potato and
> communicator-smotif-47 for testing/unstable .

Unfortunately, communicator depends on communicator-smotif-47 for both potato and
testing/unstable, even though only -46 is available on potato.  (Bug #66350,
about eight months old!)

So if running potato, do the apt-cache trick above, write down the list of
packages, then get the -46 versions individually via dselect or apt-get install.

-Adam P.