Re: NEWBIE: bootdisk for powermac (SOLVED+TRICK)

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 08:28:44AM +0100, Sebastiaan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think I found something usefull regarding the original boot floppy for
> the powermac. It locks your keyboard, so I did the following:
>
> mount the disk
> vi or edit .resource/System

you should really use hexeditor, vi is not well suited to binary
files.

> find 'prompt_ramdisk=1'
> change 1 into 0
> write it and boot it

this effectivly disables loading the ramdisk or root floppy.  this
won't work for installing debian but will work to give you a bootable
kernel floppy that can root to the root partition on your disk.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/