Problem with apt-get

Hello,

I just installed Debian 2.2r2 on a Pismo from the official install CD, and
everything went fine. Yet I am facing some problems with apt-get:

/etc/apt/sources.list contains:
deb http://[mirror]/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb http://[mirror]/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib non-free

Running

# apt-get update

leads apt-get to download the corresponding "Packages" and "Release" files
without any error or warning messages.

Besides,

# apt-get check

doesn't report any dependency problems.

Yet when I run

# apt-get -d upgrade

I get the following output:

Reading Package Lists...
Building Dependency Tre...
[long list of packages]

112 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 125 not upgraded.
debianutils: PreDepends: libc6 (>= 2.2.1) but 2.1.3-13 is to be installed.

E: Internal Error, InstallPackages was called with broken packages!

How can I avoid this?

'# dpkg -p libc6' shows that I already have version 2.1.3-13 installed, so
why doesn't apt-get just download the latestet version?

I also tried to download jed and links:

# apt-get -d install jed
Reading Packages Lists...
Building Dependency Tree...
jed-common libc6 libc6-dev locales slang1
The following packags will be REMOVED:
g++ libstc++2.10-dev task-c++-dev
jed jed-common
4 packages upgraded, 2 newly installed, 3 to remove and 230 not upgraded.
Need to get 9502kB of archives. After unpacking 6380kB will be used.
Do you want to continue[Y/n]?

Why does apt-get wish to remove the GNU C++ compiler together with
libstdc++2.10-dev and the task-c++-dev?

Another try:

# apt-get -d install links
Reading Package Lists...
Building Dependency Tree...
The following extra packaged will be installed:
libc6 libc6-dev locales
The following packages will be REMOVED:
g++ libstdc++-dev2.10dev task-c++-dev
links
3 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 3 to remove and 237 not upgraded.
Need to get 8995kB of archives. After unpacking 4833kB will be used.
Do you want to continue[Y/n]?

I am not sure, but I think that my installation of Debian is "sane" since I
installed it directly from the CD usind dselect and it didn't report any
problems with my choices - what am I doing wrong?

Thank you for any input,

Manuel