Re: What kernel to use?

Hi,

Fabian Jakobs writes:

> Could anyone point out, which kernel to use and how they differ?

As a general rule, The more recent the kernel, The more trouble it
invites.  The difference between the various kernel trees floating
around is usually the frequency at which they are updated, some may
also incorporate patches from their owners.

> Which one is the debian kernel?

To my knowledge, Debian still ships with a 2.2 kernel.  I would
recommend that you just stick to that if you are unsure and your
system is working fine.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!