Re: help

On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 04:22:51PM -0500, Chris Bryan wrote:

> I'm assuming you have a debian cd? In that case, press the option key when
> rebooting to give you the option of booting off the cd. During the install,
> you can repartition, etc.

not on an oldworld it won't.

1) the option key trick is a very recent feature to OpenFirmware on
AGP G4s and ibooks.  it will not work on any G3s or PCI G4s.

2) debian CDs are not and won't be bootable on OldWorld hardware in
the forseeable future.  (until someone writes an Oldworld bootloader
that does not require proprietary Apple drivers)

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/