Re: HFS Boot with tbxi-Type OS Chooser

On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 10:01:59AM +0200, Andrei Verovski wrote:

> After all, it works, it simple, and it do not require manual editing of
> open firmware variables, and I use this HFS partition for file exchange,
> too.

it will usually require manual editing of OpenFirmware since MacOS
will debless fake system folders most of the time.  (don't bother
arguing with me, i get plenty of mail every day about this problem on
OS9 and with fake system folders)

> Here how to do it. Create small HFS partition and put there fake system
> folder, yaboot, yaboot.conf and os-chooser. Stripped kernel sits on this
> partition, checks for hardware and loads installer.

or use ybin which makes things much easier and creates dual boot menus
automatically.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/