new install on wallstreet powerbook

Hello,
	I've managed to get the kernel from the 2.2.19-2000-12-03 diskset
to boot using BootX.  However I am presented with nothing but a prompt.  I
have tried launching dbootstrap by hand but I get "/proc not
mounted..."  Upon looking around a bit I see that indeed the proc system
isn't mounted and there is no mention of it in the kernel startup
messages.  I tried mounting it by hand but to no avail.

	Should I be setting some additonal arguments for dbootstrap to
work or do I need to load some modules first?