Re: Help with a RS6k 7024 E20

Adrian Dascalu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone ANY experience booting linux on IBM RS/6000 model 7024 E20 ?
>
> Best of my knowlidge this is a:
>     CHRP
>     proprietary OF (no prompt!)
>     capabila de RIPL

Hi Adrian,

  I don't know that the E20 is CHRP...  I would rather suspect it might be PReP.
The Open Firmware on the machine isn't proprietary rather the early models of
RS/6000 didn't have the option of f8 or 8 to get to a OF prompt. Tho for the
model 140 if you apply an firmware upgrade the capability of an OF prompt was
added.

  I do not know of anyone that has successfully run Linux on this machine. We
don't have access to any E20s and given it's older hardware, we are not planning
at this time on getting PowerPC Linux running on this model.

  http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/linux/projects/ppc is
the URL to IBM's PowerPC Linux page if you are interested in what we're up to.

  Regards,

  Tom

--
Tom Gall - PowerPC Linux Team    "Where's the ka-boom? There was
Linux Technology Center           supposed to be an earth