X and Mouse hangs my system

Hi,
i just installed debian2.2r0 at the weekend on my blue&white G3 Mac.
Everything went fine except that the mouse in X is not working.
If I don't move the mouse or hit a mousebutton I can change to a console,
but if I move or hit a button the whole system hangs and my only chance to
get off is to make a hard reset. With gdm my mouse works. So I thought
this might be a problem with XFBDev and I changed to Xpmac, but the
same problem. Then I plugged my old ADB Keyboard and Mouse into
my machine in hope that the problem is in the USB Driver, but netherless.
So anyone got an idear ?

arne

My System :
Debian 2.2r0