Re: Xpmac = no adbmouse?

On Wed, Aug 16, 2000 at 03:32:28PM -0700, Wilhelm Fitzpatrick wanted to say the following:
> I'm currently using the Aug 5 Paulus kernel (2.2.17pre15) from
> http://kernel.xorsis.com/ ... it doesn't have Ben's new input system
> yet...

Just a dummy check: If you use the new input layer, did you create the new
input devices as indicated in ben's page?

	http://ppclinux.apple.com/~benh/

-- cut 8< ---

       su -
       cd /dev
       rm usbmouse
       rm mouse
       mkdir input
       mknod input/mice c 13 63
       ln -s input/mice mouse
       ln -s input/mice usbmouse

--- >8 cut --

I am just asking because I am using a powerbook, and from what I understand,
the "glidepad" is a "adb mouse" (gpm was using /dev/adbmouse atleast and was
working before the new input stuff)

This works just fine in Xpmac:

# lsof /dev/mouse
COMMAND   PID USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE SIZE  NODE NAME
gpm       181 root    0u   CHR  13,63      19747 /dev/input/mice
Xpmac.rev 257 root    0r   CHR  13,63      19747 /dev/input/mice

It follows the symlink and uses the /dev/input/mice -device. So check that
you created the device and symlinked it to /dev/mouse, otherwise it wont
work.

Also make gpm use the new device.

Hope this helps

Tuomas