Re: Mouse and key board

I can't help you with the mouse, but I had the same problem with my iBook until I set up the XF86Config file with the right Xkb setup.  I think.  Your problem seems to be that the delete key is not acting like a backspace key.  It should act like it is acting, because it is a delete key.  You want a backspace key, though.  I had to make an Xmodmap file.  You might need to make an Xmodmap file, I needed to in order to get a Dvorak keymap.  Just change the word Delete in the file to BackSpace, and you will be fine.  I hope this helps.  I am too tired now to write more detailed help, but e-mail me if you can't understand the manpages.  I have no clue how much experience you have.  Good Night.
Cort Setlow