Re: powerpc build daemon vs apt-get -b source

On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 03:46:01PM -0500, Chris Lawrence wrote:
> On Aug 02, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> > Can someone here explain to me how the build daemon is supposed
> > to work?  Last week I was whining to our debian packager about
> > the ppc guys being so slow to build new packages.  He enlightened
> > me saying that (in this case lilypond1.3) had been accepted into
> > woody overnight, and if I maybe meant the build daemon??
>
> I assume the build daemon is still set for potato.

The build daemon on my machine, crack.them.org, is still set for
potato, and has us as up to date as we're gonna get.

About a week ago Brian Almeida was nice enough to donate the use of his
G4 to run a woody build daemon.  It's build almost 700 packages since
then.  I don't know off hand why any particular one package that you
looked at might not be compiled, but I'm sure there's a good reason for
each one.

For instance, lilypond could not be built because guile-core was not
compiled until a few days ago.  It will be soon.  Of course, I'm going
away for a week, so it will either be tomorrow morning or next week
sometime.

Dan