Re: Inquiry about log timestamps

Thank you for your feedback and I apologise for the delay in responding.

To answer the final question, I'm new at this so I need a little guidance on
why a policy cannot be enforced.  When I'm on the BTS, I periodically see bugs
filed against packages for violating Debian policy (usually regarding some
licensing issue).  Why can't log timestamps be enforced the same way?

I'm not a very good programmer either, so maybe my approach to compliance is
too simplistic.  Why wouldn't

#include <time.h>;

catch (exception e) {
	printf( "%s: Exception %s occured...", time(), e.toString() );
}

or however it's done in C work?  (You can tell I'm not a C programmer) I just
don't see what value logs have if you can't link entries to events which may
or may not have caused them.

Borden