Task list for a policy release

Hi,

        There are three areas that need to be looked at before we can
 release a new version of policy; and two of them are kinda important,
 but we can punt on the third,  is push comes to shove.

        The first task is resolving all the bus marked as Packaging bugs
 on
 http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=debian-policy&users=srivasta@debian.org&ordering=policy

        There are 4 non pending bugs:

 * #402780: debian-policy HTML "next" loops
        This is either not a bug, or can't be fixed in policy: should
        forward to debiandoc

 * #47438: [PROPOSAL] update policy copyright
        This is too hard to resolve right now; and might be moot, if we
        do a policy rewrite in modular docbook

 * #175064: Debian policy documents should be UTF-8 encoded
        Whoof. Well, we can make sure that the source files are in
        UTF-8; and that we set ALNG=C in front of the debiandoc2X
        invocations. but I am not sure that is enough.  Punt to the
        docbook rewrite?

 * #203098: debian-policy: using <link rel="..."> would be nice
        Again, this is a debiandoc conversion issue, and should be
        either forwarded, or closed.

        The second task is to ensure we incorporate all the changes
 marked as accepted in the bug list; this has been done already.

        The last bit is to look at the bugs with usertag wording; where
 wording has been proposed; and to determine if the proposed wording is
 acceptable and resolves the issue that was raised.

        We are getting pretty close.

        manoj
--
RHAPSODY in Glue!