Re: /etc/ppp/ip-{up|down}.d/

On Fri, Oct 29, 1999 at 10:49:13PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Christian Hammers wrote:
> > I propose to make a short note to the developers-reference or
> > debian-policy telling the developers that they should take care
> > of this or even forcing lintian to print warnings if scripts
> > are not prefixed.

> I'm not convinced this is needed or desired though.

An alternative solution would be to require time consuming scripts to
background themselves or otherwise get out of the way of other scripts.
It is annoying when the ip-up scripts take a long time to get run, but
requiring a specific ordering would probably be overkill.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/