Re: Software in main that is throughly useless without non-free software

James Troup <james@nocrew.org> writes:

> > First, you are removing a very important distinction: You have no
> > control over what is on the other end of the connection.
>
> Eh?  So what?

The point is that every single TCP/IP client that is in existance now
or ever will be has a free server available: netcat.  This renders
other distinctions meaningless, I think.

There's nothing to stop me from typing TCP/IP stuff to it.  In fact, I do
this with the SMTP protocol from both ends on a fairly regular basis.

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@complete.org |
The 11,950th digit of pi is 7.