Re: first proposal for a new maintainer policy

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:

> OK. I give. And, on the principle that if you can't beat 'em, join
> 'em, I now agree with Jame Troup and Dale Scheetz and formally
> declare that Policy does not govern may packages from this point on,
> and shall close any policy related Bugs ASAP.

Are you being nasty to me because I FUBARed kernel-package or what?  I
said I'm sorry about that, and don't know what more I can do. :-(

In any event I refer you to:

<URL:http://www.nl.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-policy-9804/msg00291.html>

where I said (among other things) ``For the record I don't really
think it's a good idea to flout policy and I regret suggesting that.''

--
James