Re: Non-free package documentation requirement

[I wonder at which stage this proposal is at the moment]

On Tue, Apr 07, 1998 at 07:05:33PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> I propose the following extra requirement for non-free and contrib
> packages:
>
> A package which is non-free must contain a file
> /usr/doc/<package>/README.non-free (or one of its dependencies must
> contain a relevant such file).  This file must contain either:
>
> 1. A copy of an electronic mail message received by the package
> maintainer from the copyright holder(s) denying a request to make the
> package DFSG-free.  Package maintainers should usually use a standard
> request for this, which is at [INSERT URL/FILENAME].  The request must
> have stated that the response will be made public, and must also be
> included in the file.

I like this.  This sounds logical to what Debian is and wants to be,
the 100% free Linux distribution.

Regards,

	Joey

 /                                     http://home.pages.de/~joey/
/  Never trust an operating system you don't have source for!   /