Re: Exceptions to policy

In article <873ef7k3q0.fsf@1cust14.max32.los-angeles.ca.ms.uu.net> you write:

>[1] No, there won't be a meta-meta-policy, etc..  If you find an error
>or desire an exception in the meta-policy, we shoot you. :)

Will you shoot me if I ask for an exception to the meta-meta-policy you
just defined (namely "If you find an error or desire an exception in
the meta-policy, we shoot you")?  Do we need policy about this?

Did you intend that meta-meta-policy to apply if I merely -desire-
an exception, or do I have to -state- that desire?

And finally, is it just me, or does none of this square with
the meta-meta-meta-policy you just stated, "No, there won't be a
meta-meta-policy"?  Doesn't your next sentence point to a need for an
exception to this meta-meta-meta-policy?  What we -really- need is a
meta-meta-meta-meta-policy to clear up this frightfully unclear situation
once and for all.

--
Charles Briscoe-Smith
White pages entry, with PGP key: <URL:http://alethea.ukc.ac.uk/wp?95cpb4>