PW#6-3: Manual pages for X11 games

[This mail is part of Debian Policy Weekly issue #6]

Topic 3: Manual pages for X11 games

STATE: APPROVAL

Current policy states that X11 games have to be installed into /usr/games,
instead of /usr/X11R6/bin. It is not yet specified, where manual pages of
such games should be installed to. I suggest to put such manual pages into
`/usr/man/man6'.

The two reasons for this are, that a) it is logical to put manual pages into
/usr/X11R6/man if and only if the documented files are installed below
/usr/X11R6, too, and b) the `man' command generates the MANPATH settings
dynamically from the PATH, and maps '/usr/games' to '/usr/man'.

Unless there are objections, I'll include a statement in the policy manual
that manual pages for X11 games should be installed into `/usr/man/man6'.