Re: Packaging Gimp plugins?

On 6 Apr 1998, Ben Gertzfield wrote:

>     John> What is the policy on packaging Gimp plugins?  There is one
>     John> in particular (Sharpen) that I'd like to see.  Do I just
>     John> package it up or what?
>
> I agree, this needs a mention in policy. But it should probably be
> brought up on debian-policy; I'm forwarding this to the debian-policy
> list.
[snip]

We have done good so far with letting these package specific policy
aspects in the hands of the maintainers. Therefore, I'd suggest you set up
some README.Debian file (or similar) which explains how other packages
should register plug-ins, etc., and ship this with the main gimp package.
(We've done the same with the emacs policy, for example.)

Of course, feel free to post questions to debian-policy about that if
there should be disagreements about certain parts of the `Debian gimp
policy'.

Thanks,

Chris

--                 Christian Schwarz
Do you know         schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com,
Debian GNU/Linux?    schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

Visit                  PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
http://www.debian.org   http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/