Re: Question about native packages

On Sun, 4 Feb 2001, Nicolás Lichtmaier wrote:

>  Packaging it native is a perfectly valid thing to do, even better than
> nonnative. Why? Because the Debian packaging files can be used by anyone,
> not just Debian. Just as the .spec files are now included in many packages.

That's a good point I forgot to mention: I've had several requests from
non-debian people, regarding the debianization stuff. It's nice to hear
something like "oh, that's how the Debian people do it! Good idea!" from
someone who does the FreeBSD port ;-)

BTW: a .spec file is inckluded in the sources as well as a SlackBuild
     script for building Slackware packages.

Currently, maintaining all the packaging specific parts in the same CVS
tree as the main source is not only most simple but also the most
productive way to do it, at least IMHO...

Regards,
	Siggi