Re: m130 USB connection

Le mercredi 25 septembre 2002 à 17:18:57, chris cotsapas a écrit:
> Hi all, a newbie question here:

Hello,

> I'm trying to sync my new m130 on a USB port. The first problem I seem
> to be encountering is that the device is not recognised - /proc/bus/usb/
> is empty. There is also no dev/pilot or ttyUSB . My guess is that the
> cradle is not talking to the computer at all?

Install the package hotplug to populate /proc/bus/usb/ or read
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/usb/proc_usb_info.txt from the kernel
sources.

> Kernel: 2.4.19
> jpilot: 0.99.2-2
> pilot-link: 0.9.5.0-8

I also recommend to upgrade to the latest Debian packages. I made
packports [1] of the unstable versions for woody.

I don't know if pilot-link: 0.9.5.0-8 is supposed to work with USB
devices.

Bye,

[1] http://people.debian.org/~rousseau/jpilot/

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau                        Ludovic.Rousseau@free.fr
 -- Normaliser Unix c'est comme pasteuriser le Camembert, L.R. --