Re: Introduction And Request for Help

On Tue, 31 Oct 2023 09:26:09 +0100, Mikko Koivunalho wrote:

> > - If you want to get Env::Assert into Debian, the easiest way is to
> >  ask us to package it :)
> Yes, please!
> Thank you.

Alright, let's take this route :)

> > If it's the latter: I just spent 2 minutes with dh-make-perl and
> > Env::Assert, and if I spend 5 minutes more, I can upload the package
> > to the archive. [0]
> Have I done everything right so the packaging is as easy as possible?
> Just tell me if there is anything missing.

I haven't noticed anything yesterday in my 2-minute-check but thanks
for the offer!

> > [0] Although I just realize that this might be better named envassert
> > than libenv-assert-perl, as it's more about the binary than the
> > library, right?
> Yes, that’s right. In this case the library is mostly a bi-product,
> not really meant to be used by itself.

Ok, thanks for the confirmation.

> Would it be better if Env::Assert was two separate (CPAN) packages,
> one for lib and one for executable?

I think that would be overkill.

What I often see is that distributions like this are named App-foo on
the CPAN, so maybe App-envassert would be an option. But from a
Debian point of view that's irrelevant …

 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe
   `-