Re: Plans for Catalyst in Wheezy

Hi,

Jotam Jr. Trejo wrote (14 Jul 2012 05:50:20 GMT) :
> Hi,

> On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 09:37:16PM -0600, intrigeri wrote:
>>
>> > libcatalyst-modules-perl [Failed, needs review]
>>
>> Build cleanly for me. Please try to reproduce and send failure log.

> This is still failing for me, here[1] you can find the important part,
> it seems that Catalyst::Plugin::Session needs Plack::Middleware::ForceEnv
> at build time.

> I didn't find any reference to Plack::Middleware::ForceEnv in our archive
> at all (with apt-file though), am I missing something?

We discussed that on IRC latter, and it appears that:

  * in a clean chroot, Catalyst::Plugin::Session::State::Cookie is
    missing, so the test Jotam see failing is skipped in a way that
    the test suite is happy with => PASS
  * in Jotam's unclean chroot, given C::P::S::State::Cookie is
    installed, the test suite tries to run additional tests, that
    themselves require Plack::Middleware::ForceEnv to run, and the
    test suite is not happy with the fact we don't have this module in
    Debian => FAIL

In both cases, the *actual* tests are not run, and the failure only
displays a missing testing dependency that is required iff. another,
optional one is present.

My point is: either we make the tests actually run and see if they
pass *for real*, or what matters is the clean chroot case. We won't
package Plack::Middleware::ForceEnv for Wheezy, so I think we can
ignore this ftbfs-in-corner-case.

IMHO: case closed for now.