Re: The naming of an XSUB module for Twofish crypto.

Mats Erik Andersson <mats.andersson@gisladisker.se> writes:

> I have as of lately been developing an XSUB module
> in order to make the library usable from Perl.
> Of course there are other implementations of
> Twofish crypto for Perl, but still.
>
> Presently the namespace used for this module would
> "consume" the identifiers
>
>       Twofish
>       Twofish::Key

In what way would your module be an improvement over Crypt::Twofish and
Crypt::Twofish2 already available on CPAN? The former is already
packaged for debian as libcrypt-twofish-perl

> and
>       libtwofish-perl
>
> would it be made into a deb-package.
> The module is object oriented, and the
> instantiation is made via "Twofish::Key".

I would very much recommend an API which at least follows the features
required by Crypt::CBC, even if your module have an internal optimized
CBC mode. This would make the module familiar to other perl programmers.

//Makholm