Re: Bug#577209: libdbi-perl: DBI<>DBD ABI change breaks partial upgrades
Release team (cc'd): could somebody please check that the plan below
is sane? Are you OK with going ahead?
On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 12:49:56AM +0300, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> -=| Niko Tyni, Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 09:49:56PM +0300 |=-
> > Plan B: "revert for now"
> If epochs can be avoided (by a slightly less ugly version like
> 1.610.90+is+1.609), I am all for Plan B. This will still break
> dh-make-perl, but only until the next DBI release.
I can't see why that wouldn't work (although I'd prefer
the epoch myself but never mind.)
So I propose the following updated plan (supported by Gregor and Damyan):
B1. reupload DBI-1.609 as libdbi-perl 1.610.90+is+1.609-1 that
B2. binNMU libdbd-*-perl  again with a dep-wait on the new libdbi-perl;
wait until the currently broken binNMUs in squeeze are superseded
At this point I think we're non-RC, effectively at square one. We can
now prepare the transition properly:
B3. file bugs to get a binNMU safe perl-dbdabi-N dependency into
libdbd-*-perl, N==94 at this point
B4. once those are fixed and DBI has seen a non-development release like
1.611, upload it with
Breaks: libdbd-*-perl versions older than B3.
B5. then binNMU the libdbd-*-perl packages to update them to
 the arch:any libdbd-*-perl packages concerned are
and additionally two contrib ones that probably can't be binNMUed:
Niko Tyni firstname.lastname@example.org