Re: Perl modules in Debian that do not adhere to Debian's naming policy

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 21:53:03 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:

> > (bioperl: usr/share/perl5/Bio/Align/AlignI.pm and 858 others)
> >   --> libbio-perl
> >   Also has stuff in usr/bin/*, upstream name is "bioperl".
> to all bioinformaticians, Bioperl in know as Bioperl and not as Bio::Perl. I do
> not think that renaming the source package to libbio-perl would bring a
> benefit.

JFTR: Debian Perl Policy requires _binary_ packages to be named
libfoo-bar-erl and doesn't talk about source packages.
(AFAICS Ansgar has produced a list of binary packages, the list of
source packages would be longer.)
It's just widespread consensus that naming the source package in the
same way makes lives easier.

 .''`.   http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG Key IDs: 0x8649AA06, 0x00F3CFE4
   `-    "Rome wasn't burned in a day. "