Re: similar perl related lists of other distros

Hi Gabor,

   I personally don't know about any such list - however, there is an email
sent out by Lucas Nussbaum who is a debian developer trying to see how the
different linux distros do things. From that email, which was made public,
you may be able to glean some useful information. The email thread is here:
http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/distributions/ I'm afraid it will require
some parsing to get valuable info, but once that information is gathered,
I can imagine a list for cross distro CPAN packaging which would help
improve CPAN and deliver perl to a wider audience.

   I have also collected some information on the wishlist from the debian
side and am going to present that somehow as well - not sure what the best
way to do this is. Maybe a lighting talk at the next YAPC::EU or Nordic
Perl Workshop, or both. :)

  That CPAN porters page is useful, thanks for doing that Gabor.

Regards,

	Jeremiah

Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 09:23:58AM +0200:  Gabor Szabo mangled some bits into this alignment: