Re: libgtk2-imageview-perl

-=| Jeffrey Ratcliffe, Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 09:56:25PM +0100 |=-
> I've just svn-injected libgtk2-imageview-perl (Perl bindings for a
> very cool image viewer widget for Gtk2 - check out interactive.pl in
> the examples directory).

Do you mind setting Maintainer to Debian Perl Group (and in
libmail-cclient-perl too) as per DPG policy[1]?

    [1] http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/policy.html

Other notes about libgtk2-imageview-perl:

I think it needs to Depend on base-files (>= 4.0.1), where LGPL-3
appears first.

debian/compat is 4, please use at least 5

debian/rules
  Makefile.PL invocation uses *VENDOR* variables. please use a recent
  dh-make-perl template. if you have dh-make-perl from SVN, it has a new
  option --refresh, that re-creates debian/rules.

  #TEST# is from the templates and is intented to be replaced by some
  command that test the module :)

  there are also #DOCS# and #CHANGES#

  the dh_installexamples could use some arguents if you want it to do
  something.

when building the package there are numerous warnings like:

  dpkg-shlibdeps: warning:
  debian/libgtk2-imageview-perl/usr/lib/perl5/auto/Gtk2/ImageView/ImageView.so
  shouldn't be linked with libgmodule-2.0.so.0 (it uses none of its
  symbols).

Since you're also upstream, consider limiting -lxxx options when linking
the package so that no spurious dependencies are created.

There are also some lintian warnings that need to be fixed.

Thank you for your work so far.