lintian's view of the world of perl

Hi,

The latest version of lintian checks for .pm files in /usr/lib/perl5 and
generates a warning if so.  This is the result of a bug report filed by
Adam Heath.  What the heck?  Shouldn't these things first be discussed
_properly_ before filing bug reports and changing tools?

I also don't understand why the lintian maintainer took this bug report
on face value and implemented this check.  Is that the new way of doing
things in Debian?

Thanks,
Ardo