Re: piuparts problems (leftover files) in LibreOffice packages and addons

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 09:31:31PM +0200, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> while analyzing piuparts failures (you can find the relevant logfiles
> here (look for fail/libreoffice-*.log):
> http://piuparts.debian.org/sid/unowned_files_after_purge_error.html
>
> I noticed the following two error schemes:
>
> * files left behind after purge in /var/lib/libreoffice/share, primarly
>   in /var/lib/libreoffice/share/prereg/bundled/registry

You can only remove this if -core goes, but yes, we probably should add
a rm -rf there.

> * files created and left over in /root/libreoffice which is a serious
>   policy / FHS violation - packages don't have to touch /root when
>   being installed

#669271

> Both kinds happen for core packages (src:libreoffice) as well as addon
> components.

No, it only happens if you have at least one extension installed. And in your
list in http://piuparts.debian.org/sid/unowned_files_after_purge_error.html
there is no "core" packages but only extensions (but yeah, built out of
src:libreoffice)

> As I don't know how libreoffice packaging works, I'd like to ask the LO
> maintainers first for some input before filing bugs.
> What needs to be fixed in these packages s.t. a) /root is not touched
> at all

$ sudo echo $HOME
/home/rene

and unopkg sync done on various places to (pre-)register ("prereg" ;))
the extensions does write to $HOME.

> and b) the registry is cleared properly on purge?

This should be a simple matter of rm -rf.

Regards,

Rene