Re: Scripting OpenOffice?

On Sun, Nov 24, 2002 at 02:17:46AM +0100, Andreas Reuleaux wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 01:59:16PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> > I'm interested in writing an automated word-to-PostScript converter.
> > OpenOffice is well capable of opening Word documents, and of printing to
> > PostScript and even comes with some "simple" examples of doing some of this.
> > But I cannot find a way to just tell it from the command line, without
> > opening any X windows, to do that sort of thing.  Does such a mechanism
> > exist?

[This info came from a posting by Mathias Bauer to thei OOo discuss mailing list]

You can run a macro from the command line like this:

openoffice macro:///lib.module.method

Where "lib" is the name of a library in your application (global) basic
container and "module" and "method" point to a macro inside this library.

See also the command line parameters documentation:

http://www.openoffice.org/files/documents/25/60/Command_line_arguments_in_OpenOffice.html

Main page of api project: http://api.openoffice.org
Programming examples: http://api.openoffice.org/unbranded-source/browse/~checkout~/api/odk/examples/examples.html
Macros on Andrew Brown's page: http://darwinwars.com/lunatic/bugs/oo_macros.html
Other Macros:  http://ooextras.sf.net
More stuff: http://ooo.chbs.dk/english

> I had a look at some of the examples in the debian openoffice build
> tree under
> /build-tree/oo_1.0.1_src/product/unxlngi4.pro/bin/udk3.0.1/examples
> quite some time ago, but had not have the patience to get them to
> compile though

I have heard from several people asking about the UDK, but the current team
members are too busy and no-one has volunteered to work on these yet.

> Personally I would be most interested in Scripting Openoffice from python
> There is some module already that does the job, have a look at
>    http://polysorbate.org/?work/pyuno
> I posted this earlier on this list already (in July 2002)

Again, we need someone who is interested in helping doing this.

> Getting the C++ examples in the debian build tree to work (as mentioned above)
> seems a prerequisite for compiling the pyuno stuff.
>
> Hope this help and that some more people will join in on the scripting efforts.

Me too :)