From: Kevin B. Hendricks <kevin.hendricks@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 21:29:48 -0500
To: dev@porting.openoffice.org,
 "George Zahopoulos" <george.zahopoulos@adacel.com>
Subject: Re: [porting-dev] somehow the problem is related to my tools build - ideas?

Hi George,

The problem came from the changes that forced the use of stlport 4.5
instead of the external version of stlport 4.0 that I had specified.

The resulting stlport 4.5 seems to confuse the compiler by including its
own set_new_handler (almost as if libgcc.a got pulled into it somehow).

Once I realized that something was up I was able to remove the bad stlport
build and go back to my known working stlport 4.0 build and now all seems
well again.

Thanks,

Kevin

On March 14, 2002 06:47, George Zahopoulos wrote:
> Those patches were checked in to fix some issues with unresolved
> symbols, as the Irix compiler is fussy about the order in which
> libraries are linked in, whereas most other compilers on other OS's
> aren't.
 As far as the issue with -lgcc being linked goes, it has
> nothing to do with the patches submitted by us, as they rearranged the
> order of libraries, and did not include any new libraries. This sound
> more likely to be a problem with the platform specific makefile, as
> libgcc should be linked in from there. Kevin you might want to see how
> dramatically your platform specific makefile has changed.
> George

 lib).

> > On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Kevin Hendricks wrote:
> >

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > It seems whatever changed has resulted in -lgcc being
> >
> > pulled into the
> >
> > > builds.  This is an issue since we are wrappering the alloc related

 functions (set_new_handle).

> > > I think the most correct way to use gcc since link order
> >
> > does matter is
> >
> > > to always use the -nostdlib in the link command of each and
> >
> > exectuable
> >
> > > and shared library that uses tools/source/memmgr/memmgr.cxx
> > >
> > > Then when standalone executables are built we should explicitly add

 -lgcc at the end of the link list to make sure it is