Re: Problem: OOo 1.0.1 not keeping setting upon restart

Chris Halls wrote:

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 09:51:03PM +0200, Jerome Warnier wrote:
It seems my OOo 1.0.1 on i386 is not keeping locale settings upon restart.

It seems to happen randomly, though I think 1.0.0 did not have this problem.

I don't think anything has changed.

The change is performed in /usr/bin/openoffice - add a 'set -x' to the top
so you can see which statements are executed in the script.

Chris
I did extensive tests today and got to the conclusion that the problem is in /usr/bin/openoffice. Launching directly /usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice keeps localization settings right.

I first suspected the NFS-homes to be the problem, but it turned out that some machines were working fine anyway.

Then, I suspected the user's .openoffice configuration directory. I copied a working one to replace a non-working profile.
Nothing changed.

I then suspected the current LC_ALL and LANG env variables, but changing alternatively to fr_FR didn't make it either.

I then analysed and modified Linguistic.xml(.fr_FR) and Setup.xml(.fr_FR)but changes were overriden at each OOo restart (which is exactly the problem).
It seems that /usr/bin/openoffice is doing this at each restart.

I will try tomorrow to look out where it is happening, and maybe why.
If anyone else can do the same and keep me informed, I would be very pleased.
Thanks