Migrating OCaml to 3.11.1 in Karmic?

Hello,

Currently Karmic ships with OCaml compiler and libraries for OCaml
version 3.11.0. Debian has nearly finished its transition to OCaml
3.11.1, only camlpdf is missing[1].

Should we do the same transition to OCaml 3.11.1 for Karmic?

The transition takes 6 rounds[2], there are 124 source packages to
synchronize / recompile and the transition has taken about 4 weeks in
Debian (24th of June until today). During this summer, I could handle
/ monitor such a transition during following time periods:
  * July, 21st -> 31st;
  * August, 10th -> 21st.

It would be very nice to ship latest OCaml but I don't know if it
still fits Karmic Release Schedule.

If such a transition is agreed upon, as suggested by James Westby[3],
I would need the help of an Ubuntu Developer to fulfil Sync requests
and potentially an Ubuntu Archive maintainer if such a transition is
too late[4]. Any volunteer?

Sincerely yours,
david

[1] http://debian.glondu.net/monitor/ocaml/ocaml_transition_monitor.html

[2] http://bentobako.org/ubuntu-ocaml-status/transition_monitor/ocaml_transition_monitor.html

[3] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-discuss/2009-June/008667.html

[4] As far as I know this is not the case, feature freeze being the
27th of August (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KarmicReleaseSchedule).