Splitting pgocaml.

Hello.

Stéphane Glondu a écrit :

There is at least one existing applications (ocsimore) which dynamically
loads pgocaml (that was my interest for packaging pgocaml in the first
place). You should build the cmxs, make two binary packages
(libpgocaml-ocaml and libpgocaml-ocaml-dev) and put cma/cmxs/META in
libpgocaml-ocaml, and the rest in -dev package to cope with this
situation. There is no documentation (besides #500036) for this yet, but
you can have a look at react or ocaml-text, for example.

There's also a profiler for pgocaml which is not yet packaged. Should I
create another binary package for it? If so, what naming convention
should apply for the profiler package?

I would say it depends on how it is used, and its size. This is a
debugging tool, isn't it? So it could be put in the -dev package. Is it
100 times bigger that the library itself? Then, maybe it is worth
putting it in a separate binary package... I would probably put it in
-dev first, and wait for someone to give a good reason to put it apart.

It seems that I have some splitting to do. I found the following documentation:

	http://wiki.debian.org/PkgSplit

However, I have no idea what should be amended in order to play nicely with cdbs. Advice welcome.

My rules file is the following, for the record:

#!/usr/bin/make -f
# debian/rules for pgocaml package
# Copyright (C) 2009 Guillaume Yziquel <guillaume.yziquel@citycable.ch>
#
# This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
# modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as
# published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at
# your option) any later version.
#
# This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
# WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
# MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU
# General Public License for more details.
#
# along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
# Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston,
# MA 02110-1301, USA.

include /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/debhelper.mk
include /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/dpatch.mk
include /usr/share/cdbs/1/class/makefile.mk
include /usr/share/cdbs/1/class/ocaml.mk

DESTDIR_DEV=$(CURDIR)/debian/libpgocaml-ocaml-dev

DEB_MAKE_CLEAN_TARGET    := clean
ifeq ($(OCAML_HAVE_OCAMLOPT),yes)
DEB_MAKE_BUILD_TARGET    := all
DEB_MAKE_INSTALL_TARGET  := findlib_install
else
DEB_MAKE_BUILD_TARGET    := all
DEB_MAKE_INSTALL_TARGET  := findlib_install
endif
DEB_MAKE_INSTALL_TARGET  += OCAMLFIND_DESTDIR="$(DESTDIR_DEV)/$(OCAML_STDLIB_DIR)"

OCAML_OCAMLDOC_PACKAGES = libpgocaml-ocaml-dev
OCAML_OCAMLDOC_OCAMLFIND_FLAGS = -package extlib -package pcre -package csv -package calendar

pre-build::
	make depend

All the best,

Guillaume Yziquel.