Re: .cmx inclusion in modules

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 05:15:46PM +0100, Romain Beauxis wrote:
> This information came to me, thanks to ocaml-magic developper's sagacity:
> ocaml modules should ship both .cmxa and .cmx.
>
> Not shipping .cmx files is not a big issue, but it prevents some compiler
> optimisations..

Indeed is a frequently overlooked issue.

> We could even think about mass bug submission about this don't you think ?

Good practice in this case is to have data first, patch policy next, and
finally go ahead with a mass bug filing. If you are interested in to it
by all means go ahead, but please start with a script which detects which
packages are buggy in this respect and then post results here.

zack@{upsilon.cc,cs.unibo.it,debian.org}  -<%>-  http://upsilon.cc/zack/