Re: camlzip 1.01-1 uploaded ...

On Sun, 24 Feb 2002 19:34:01 +0100
Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> wrote:

> We have already had this discussion, with the same arguments
> (like"apt-get search" and "ocaml is not perl" points) and we
> reached no solution between we two.

2 = 1 + 1,

> Sven proposed a policy with an embedded naming schema and no
> one, except you, disagree with thas schema.

well no one,  except you, agree with it ;-)
(well, may be Sven, but his position on 'camlimages' seems to
show that he is less "policy addicted" than you seems to be)

> So, you only disagree with this naming schema decision, why do
> you continue perpetrating your position?

Simply because you continue perpetrating yours ?

> In a democracy the position that reach the maximum number of
> consensus will be adopted!

I'm just trying to show you that I can't see (reading the list)
where is the "maximal consensus" you're speaking about...

BUT, I think you are right! The consensus (if we vote) would be
on "your" proposal but I'm afraid that there is no  technical
good reason behind that but just the fact that "we have to do
like the others do" (despite the fact than you were unable to
explain to me _why_ they are doing things like that) IMHO, this
is not contributing to quality improvement (i.e taking decisions
without actually knowing why...)

> So, please stop with this useless (because already carried
> over) thread.

Don't worry, If I could put the status of this list like "read
only" for me, it would be nice since I'm thinking that this could
have saved lot of my time and lot of the list's readers bandwith.
So I won't try anymore to start a useless thread and probably
anything else here...

mailto:georges.mariano@inrets.fr     tel: (33) 03 20 43 84 06
INRETS, 20 rue Élisée Reclus         fax: (33) 03 20 43 83 59
BP 317 -- 59666 Villeneuve d'Ascq
http://www3.inrets.fr/estas/mariano