Appointing the Debian Security Secretary

The Debian Project                             http://security.debian.org/
Appointing the Debian Security Secretary           security@debian.org
October 17th, 2001

The Debian Security Team hereby announces that two people have
volunteered to help and which were appointed as Debian Security
Secretary:

        Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org>
        Noah Meyerhans <noahm@debian.org>

Both are registrated Debian developers and have a long history of
Debian related work.  They are both active on several mailing lists
that Debian serves.

Noah is working as an administrator within the Lab for Computer
Science at the Massachusetts Institue of Technology, and is also a
member of MIT security team.

Matt has applied as Debian developer in 1999 and has worked on
various packages.

We hope to be able to provide an even better service to our users
reacting to security problems.  Adding more people to the team who
will be able to check security problems and review code should improve
Debian Security significantly.

We would like to thank all other people who have volunteered for this
position.  We tried to do our best to find the best suited people for
this important task.  We would like you to continue your good work and
ask all users to continue reporting security concerns to
security@debian.org.

	Joey (Martin Schulze)
	Debian Security Team