AM report for Michael Stapelberg

1. Identification & Account Data
--------------------------------
   First name:      Michael
   Last name:       Stapelberg
   Key fingerprint: 424E 14D7 03E7 C6D4 3D9D  6F36 4E71 60ED 4AC8 EE1D
   Account:         stapelberg
   Forward email:   michael@stapelberg.de

   ID check passed, key signed by 14 existing developers:

   Output from keycheck.sh:

gpg: requesting key 4AC8EE1D from hkp server keys.gnupg.net
WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to: /tmp/keyring-aCHmJp/pkcs11: No such file or directory
pub   4096R/4AC8EE1D 2009-05-21 [expires: 2014-05-20]
      Key fingerprint = 424E 14D7 03E7 C6D4 3D9D  6F36 4E71 60ED 4AC8 EE1D
uid                  Michael Stapelberg <michael@stapelberg.de>
sig!         95930EDE 2009-09-06  Axel Beckert (no legal relevance) <abe@deuxchevaux.org>
sig!         4743206C 2009-05-22  Joachim Breitner <mail@joachim-breitner.de>
sig!         AC15B50C 2010-08-23  Evgeni -SargentD- Golov <sargentd@die-welt.net>
gpg: NOTE: signature key 0E551E33 expired Fri 27 Aug 2010 15:41:59 CDT
sig!         491049FE 2009-08-23  Jonas Meurer <jonas@freesources.org>
sig!         25E4205F 2010-08-23  Philipp Huebner <debalance@debian.org>
sig!         DA2493D1 2010-08-23  Sven Hoexter <sven@stormbind.net>
sig!         6FF9435F 2010-08-23  Bernd Zeimetz <bernd@bzed.de>
sig!         A74420EF 2009-08-23  Christoph Goehre <christoph.goehre@gmx.de>
sig!         D03E3E70 2009-08-24  René Engelhard
sig!         672C8B12 2010-08-26  Alexander Reichle-Schmehl <tolimar@debian.org>
sig!3        4AC8EE1D 2009-05-21  Michael Stapelberg <michael@stapelberg.de>
uid                  Michael Stapelberg (RENT-A-GURU) <michael@rent-a-guru.de>
sig!         DD079461 2010-08-30  Gerfried Fuchs <rhonda@debian.org>
sig!         491049FE 2009-08-23  Jonas Meurer <jonas@freesources.org>
sig!         25E4205F 2010-08-23  Philipp Huebner <debalance@debian.org>
sig!         DA2493D1 2010-08-23  Sven Hoexter <sven@stormbind.net>
sig!         6FF9435F 2010-08-23  Bernd Zeimetz <bernd@bzed.de>
sig!         A74420EF 2009-08-23  Christoph Goehre <christoph.goehre@gmx.de>
sig!         D03E3E70 2009-08-24  René Engelhard
sig!         672C8B12 2010-08-26  Alexander Reichle-Schmehl <tolimar@debian.org>
sig!3        4AC8EE1D 2009-05-21  Michael Stapelberg <michael@stapelberg.de>

231 signatures not checked due to missing keys
Key is OpenPGP version 4 or greater.
Key has 4096 bits.
Valid "e" flag, expires Tue 20 May 2014 04:14:47 CDT.
Valid "s" flag, expires Tue 20 May 2014 04:14:47 CDT.

2. Background
-------------
   Applicant writes:

   (from when he joined the pkg-perl group, November 2010)

   I am a computer science student from germany and actively hacking
   on the i3 window manager (which uses X11::XCB for its testsuite,
   thus my interest in helping with the packaging). Currently I am a
   Debian Maintainer (DM).

   Elsewhere in the network, I found:

   Michael is the upstream developer for several interesting projects,
   including i3 (the window manager that has become my favorite in the
   last couple of months)¹.

   The first package he maintained in Debian is mxallowd², an
   antispam-daemon using nolisting/iptables, for which he is also
   upstream. He has several other nice projects listed on his personal
   web page, some of which seem very interesting, some of which³ just
   show Michael is an all-around geek who enjoys programming for its
   own sake.

   ¹ http://i3wm.org/
   ² http://michael.stapelberg.de/mxallowd.en
   ³ http://michael.stapelberg.de/c128_kasse

   I reviewed the bug reports sent and received by Michael. He
   regularly answers in a timely fashion; the bugs he reports are
   often accompanied with patches.

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Michael has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and
   procedures and answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. Michael committed to uphold the SC
   and DFSG in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
-------------------
   Michael has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian.
   He is maintainer of 10 packages (i3-wm, i3lock, i3status,
   libanyevent-i3-perl, libnet-inet6glue-perl,
   libprivileges-drop-perl, libtomcrypt, mxallowd, unworkable, wiipdf)
   and has one more (all-knowing-dns) as a pending upload. He is a
   Debian Maintainer and uploads most of his packages by himself, and
   his previous sponsor (Christoph Haas) has expressed being more than
   satisfied with his work.

   All packages are in good shape.

   Michael also answered my other questions regarding T&S without problems
   and provided patches for RC bugs.

   I recommend to accept Michael Stapelberg as a Debian Developer.