one of the many reasons DebConfs are great (Re: DM application of Ian Campbell)

Hi,

after DebConf12 I read the replies to Ian Campbells DM application, which
ended with Bdales reply:

On Samstag, 14. Juli 2012, Bdale Garbee wrote:
> I strongly support Ian Campbell's application for Debian Maintainer
> status.  I didn't know him well previously, but his help working on
> debian-installer support and related u-boot issues on the Dreamplug
> during Debconf12 is greatly appreciated, and gave me the chance to work
> with him directly, in-person, over the course of a couple days.  I look
> forward to many more contributions to Debian from him in the future.

(read the whole thread starting at
[🔎] 1342221322.8586.271.camel@hastur.hellion.org.uk">http://lists.debian.org/[🔎] 1342221322.8586.271.camel@hastur.hellion.org.uk - it's
heartwarming :-)

This, improving the Debian community by creating excellent opportunities to
work together, is one of my main motivations for doing DebConf work, and I
really loved it to see it "summed up" this nicely in the whole thread.

And similarily, I'm happy to learn that (appearantly) DebConf12 made Leandro
apply for non-uploading DD now as well!

And, (knowing DebConf a bit) I know there have been many more advancements I
know nothing or little about! :-)

thank you all for making Debian what it is,
both technically & socially,
cheers,
	Holger

P.S.: this is also why I think we should keep the DebConf/Debian newbee
initiative!