Re: Advocating Clint Byrum <clint@ubuntu.com>

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 06:50:32PM +0000, NM Front Desk wrote:
> Auth-Key: nmauth9c141b3524ae976bc1112a935089e9da
> Applicant: Clint Byrum <clint@ubuntu.com>

> Why do you advocate this person? (please provide a 5-10 line summary).

> You are encouraged to take questions such as the following into account
> but you're not limited to answering these:
>  - How have they contributed to Debian already?
>  - What do they intend to do for Debian in the future?
>  - How do they interact with others, such as users and other developers?

Of the many fine developers I've worked with in the Ubuntu community over
the past four years, Clint has surprised me more than any other by the fact
that he was not already a Debian developer before getting involved in
Ubuntu.  He not only has a clear appreciation for the importance of Policy
and the DFSG in making Debian work as well as it does, he also has an
impressively refined understanding of the mechanics of that Policy, and
tenaciously tackles the bugs that makes users' lives miserable, no matter
how difficult those bugs are to resolve.

I have not worked with Clint on any Debian packages directly, but I have no
doubt that his contributions to the drizzle and mysql server packages are of
as high quality as his work in Ubuntu, and I selfishly recommend that Debian
take full advantage of his talents by giving him upload rights.