Re: Advocating Gergely Nagy <algernon@madhouse-project.org>

On Tue, 2011-08-02 at 16:43 +0000, NM Front Desk wrote:
> Auth-Key: nmauth10ca67f65240940335d2f174bb1bd7b7
> Applicant: Gergely Nagy <algernon@madhouse-project.org>
>
> Why do you advocate this person? (please provide a 5-10 line summary).
 I don't say that I'm the biggest fan of Dune, but let me rephrase its
prequel. The beginning is a very delicate time. Know then that it is the
year 2004. The known Debian had a member then, Algernon. I was in doubt
if I should be a DD, so I wrote to him and asked for a meeting. We were
talking about some technical stuffs and I've decided to be it. He was
the one who signed my GnuPG key and later I've joined to the NM queue.
Later he became MIA and got removed. Still, he is still active in the
FOSS community. At his workplace, he is working on syslog-ng (an open
source syslog agent). Has packages in the archive[1], one of them is his
own open source library. Also he gives talks like he did at
DebConf11 [2] about packaging basics for beginners.

Personally we often exchange technical emails all day. I really mean it,
from the morning until midnight and sometimes even after it. Thus I know
that he is friendly to others and has a good software knowledge in
general.

But more important is the fact that he is very active again. I know that
he will be a great re-addition to Debian.

Laszlo/GCS
[1] http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=algernon@madhouse-project.org
[2] http://penta.debconf.org/dc11_schedule/events/836.en.html