Re: DM application of Sergey B Kirpichev

Hi,

I have worked with Sergey B Kirpichev in team-maintaining awstats, and as changelog entries of that package indicates, Sergey have done most of the work there, and with great success, since he joined our little team in March 2009.

I consider Sergey capable of being let loose on the Debian archive, and advocate him as Debian Maintainer.

Very recently I decided to step down from my involvement in awstats package maintainance, after quite some years. This is due to disagreements on which style to use in the packaging coupled with the fact that Sergey in reality does most of the actual maintainance these days. It is _not_ related to the technical qualities of Sergey B Kirpichev. I consider awstats safe in the hands of Sergey :-)

Regards,

 - Jonas